Sunday, December 4, 2011

Being Thankful

Certainly need to correct that last post. I was feeling awfully confused at the time but not any more. I did some work on thankfulness and it has changed those feelings a bunch, that and getting all our mission papers in. Now it is just waiting time and spending more time in gratitude for all I have. Heavenly Father has gotten me to a place where I am seeing more clearly and I'm really grateful for that. It seems that turning in those mission papers has changed my perspective big time.

Oh sure, I am still concerned about my family and myself and the missing one another and the homesickness or whatever.  I also know that it is the right thing on many levels.  It is a way to show my kids and grandkids that I will do the right thing even when it is hard.  It shows them what is really important to me and that I will do what is right no matter what.  I know it will be hard for them as well but they have helped one another so well through all our trials this year that I know they will be fine "on their own".  Imagine that, kids who have kids being okay without mom and dad!

I am sooooo grateful that my family is full of mature adults now who take care of their own children,
my grandchildren in such a way that I do not have to worry about them.  I have wonderful children and am so thankful that Heavenly Father sent them to me and through them has brought 18 other new lives into my life.  This is what means everything to me.

Several experiences recently have fully convinced me that all the distraction and noise of the world mean nothing if you don't have a family to share it with.  I have so much peace in my life because I know my family is involved in the right things at the right times and are doing their best to serve their fellow men and their Savior.  I don't think I have been this happy for a very long time.  Better enjoy every moment of it!

I often wonder how I became so blessed but one thing I know, I am truly thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment