Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Would I Change It?

My life has not been what anyone would call an easy life. It was pretty cushy until I hit college and then I started to learn what life was really about. In my earlier posts I have told about some of my struggles. Would I change my life? I have thought this through many a time. I then take a look around me and see what other's problems are and I realize that I wouldn't want to change my set for someone else'. Even in my own extended family, I cannot find a single person without their own heartaches and difficulties. Often I think that Heavenly Father must stay pretty busy just deciding where not to intervene in the problems of all his children. I know this has been one of my biggest challenges. More than a few times, I have chosen to get involved where I shouldn't have and wished that I could reverse the results. On many other occasions, usually with the help of the Spirit, I have intervened with really positive results. I guess the operative word is "Spirit". When I have listened to the Spirit, it has always worked out right in the end whether the results initially appeared right or not. The big trick is figuring out when it is the Spirit and when it isn't. Sometimes I still don't know and often, usually on the little promptings, I choose to doubt myself and regret the results. I guess that is why we're here but I don't have to like it. Occasionally I sure do wish I could go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment