Sunday, October 2, 2011

Precious Family Fun

A few weeks ago, my sweet daughter Sarah called to see if she could plan a family reunion in our back yard. Anytime my family gets together is a good time so of course I said yes. I have been trying to figure out time for this anyway and she assured me that I wouldn't have to do much and that helped push me there. Since we are putting mission papers in, it seemed like perfect timing.

What a joy to have all of my family in my back yard putting up tents, building a campfire, singing itsy bitsy spider, having a devotional, taking pictures, laughing and loving. Sarah made wonderful shirts for us with "Precious"- Jarvis Family Reunion- 2011 and a "forget-me-not" on the back and the names of our two sweet heavenly daughters, Jamie and Serenna on the sleeve. Obviously, she loved Pres. Uchtdorf's talk at the Women's conference.

We ate and played and ate and laughed and cried and ate. the adults acted like kids and sometimes the kids were very adult. There was very little sleeping and a whole lot of talking (signing) and story telling. There was Spaghetti bake and french toast and S'Mores and awesome salsa. There was a question and answer period for grandpa and grandma. Very revealing! There were fun games and exercise. There was surprising little argument and a whole lot of helping out and cooperation.

Everyone that wanted to got to hold our new little addition Lexi and two brothers hugged and cried for a long time. We all got to know our new grandson Codie a little better. We made 6 baby blankets and throws and gathered bunches of stuff to give people who come in the Transient Services Office. It was "AWESOME"!

Can I just say how happy I am that these beautiful children and grandchildren are in my family and that I get to share this sometimes difficult but also joyful life with them. Again I feel so blessed. My family and this time with them is so very, very "PRECIOUS".

No comments:

Post a Comment